We are always looking for FRESH talent
Do you love food? That’s important, you have to love food. Cooking food, and eating food, and talking about food? Do you know how to work hard? I mean, you REALLY need to know how to hustle. Customers are important to us, and we can’t disappoint them. EVER. Also, you have to be nice. We have fun here, and we want it to stay that way. If you are a yes, yes & yes….Come work with us! If you are a no, yes, yes, don’t apply. If you are a yes, no, yes, don’t apply. Only yes, yes yessses can apply.
A little about us:
Hofstedes Country Barn is a family owned and operated specialty market that sells the best of local produce and grocery items, as well as bringing the farms of the world to you with a great selection of fresh fruit and vegetables, specialty grocery items from all over the world, deli, a in-house bakery and a bustling café with homemade soups, sandwiches and desserts.
Here is what we need you to do:
- Stock, rotate & merchandise product according to department procedure.
- Work in any area of the store as required (Cafe, Deli, Grocery, Produce & Cash Desk)
- Maintain back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Assist in building displays; keep shelves fully stocked and tidy.
- Assist with training other staff as needed.
- Assists with front end duties as needed (cashiering, bagging, cart runs, etc.)
- Offers assistance to customers, including to help carry merchandise to their vehicles
- Offers food advice and insight to customers on the description of merchandise
- Other related duties as assigned.
Here is the skills you will need to do it:
- Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time, and repetitive posture assumption.
- Repetitive arm and hand movements; manual dexterity to wrap, package and stock product.
- Must be able to lift and carry product weighing up to 60 lbs.; grabbing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 10 lbs., use a utility cart to move product up to 500 lbs. and a pallet jack to move product weighing 1000 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a 2 step stool.
- Requires vision to read directions, use a box cutter and stock shelves.
- Strong ability to follow direction
- Must possess integrity, reliability, and dependability
- Proficiency in providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Good human relation skills, and the ability to get along well with others
- Outgoing, friendly demeanor
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and staying organized
- Good customer service techniques
- Ability to work effectively with customers and associates
- Ability to learn product prices, codes and description
- Ability to dress in a neat and modest fashion
- Good knowledge of safety procedures and techniques
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends