Is there any better pairing than peanut butter and chocolate? IS THERE??? I think not. They have been together a long, long time, and they make a great couple. Classic case of opposites attract. Cheerios has launched a new Peanut Butter and chocolate version of their classic cereal, Hershey’s built a multi-million dollar empire on this coupling, Huffington Post referred to them as a “Power Couple”, and they frequent top 3 ice cream flavour lists in North America. Here, The Crazy Vegan Kitchen has dressed them up for date night with their Oreo Peanut Butter Pie recipe to end all peanut butter pie recipes.
7 oz Oreo Cookies
1/4 cup Vegan Butter, melted
Peanut Butter Mousse Filling:
3/4 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Vegan Butter
1/2 cup Fine Sugar
1/2 cup Coconut Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache:
1 tablespoon Crunchy or Smooth Peanut Butter
4 oz Vegan Dark Chocolate
1/3 cup Coconut Cream
1 tablespoon Peanut Oil
Crushed Peanuts, for sprinkling
- Make your Oreo Crust by blitzing the cookies in a food processor until they form fine crumbs. Pour in melted Vegan Butter and blitz till fully incorporated. Press crust into pie tin and freeze for 10 minutes whilst making filling.
- To make your filling, combine all the ingredients for the Peanut Butter Mousse in a bowl and whip with an electric mixer till light and fluffy. Pour mixture into frozen crust and spread out evenly. Freeze entire pie tin for an hour.
- Before taking your pie out of the freezer, prepare PB Chocolate Ganache.
- Chop chocolate and transfer to a bowl along with Peanut Butter. Heat Coconut Cream in a small saucepan till it simmers and then pour over chocolate/pb immediately. Stir till you have a smooth and glossy ganache. Add Peanut Oil into ganache and stir till fully incorporated.
- Pour ganache over set pie and spread/smoothen out. Sprinkle chopped or crushed peanuts on the surface of the ganache and leave pie in the fridge for an hour for ganache to set.