I’m not sure why I am so surprised that you can bake in an Instant pot. More surprising though? It can actually bake certain items beautifully. Traditional cooking school put together this Orange & Dark Chocolate Cheesecake recipe using fresh oranges and orange essential oils. It is sooooooooo gooood. SO. GOOD.
For the nut crust:
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour, or ground nuts
1 1/2 tablespoons dry sweetener of choice (Sucanat, Rapadura, coconut sugar) OR a few pinches of stevia
3 tablespoons melted butter
For the orange cheesecake filling:
(2) 8-ounce packages cream cheese
2 large pastured eggs
1/2 cup dry sweetener of choice, whizzed fine in blender (Sucanat, Rapadura, coconut sugar) OR 1 3/8 teaspoons stevia, to taste
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 4 tablespoons orange juice (about 1/2 juiced orange)
2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
1/4 teaspoon orange essential oil OR 2 teaspoons orange extract
To make the nut crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Then press mixture into 7″ springform pan or divide between 2 stainless steel stackable pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn off oven.
To make the orange cheesecake filling:
- Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth.
- Then taste and adjust sweetener.
- Put 2 cups of water and trivet in pressure cooker.
- Cover with a glass lid or plate to prevent evaporation.
- If using an Instant Pot, put it on sauté so it can begin pre-heating.
- Next, pour filling into 7″ springform pan with crust (see above recipe).
- Cover with a piece of parchment paper followed by a piece of aluminum foil.
- Crimp down loosely.
- Use sling to transfer (carefully) to pressure cooker.
- Then cover the pot, checking the seal and components to make sure all is well.
- If using an electric cooker, set to high for 25 minutes.
- If using a stovetop cooker, bring to low pressure and maintain for 35 minutes.
- When cooking time is over, if using an electric cooker, hit the Cancel button to turn off the heat, and also unplug it.
- With a stovetop cooker, remove from heat.
- Let pressure release naturally.
- When pressure is released, transfer the cheesecake carefully out of pressure cooker and put on cooling rack.
- Then remove the covers.
- If any water is pooled in the center, siphon off with a spoon.
- Use a butter knife to separate cheesecake from sides of pan.
- Replace covers.
- Refrigerate to chill thoroughly.
- Then remove from springform pan as desired for presentation.
- Finally, top with shavings of dark chocolate. Enjoy!
*For a fun twist, use 1/4 teaspoon tangerine essential oil instead of orange! Orange, lemon, or tangerine juice will work for the juice option. Same for the zest.