We carry a selection of groceries from all over the world. One of my favorite areas of the store is our Indian sauces & curries. You may be asking yourself… WHY are they featuring curry in the middle of August? This cuisine was developed in a country who’s average temperature is somewhere in the 30°+ range all year, and Indian food utilizes a lot of fresh produce which we are seeing at near perfection at the moment. So, why not!
Our selection of Umi’s Kitchen sauces are made using ingredients like real cream, fresh onions, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, fresh ginger, cashew nuts, fresh garlic, sea salt.
Want to try something a little different?
Indian-style Butter Chicken Lasagna
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 tbsps. Umi’s Kitchen Tandoori Marinade
2 Tbsps. plain yogurt
1. Combine Umi’s Kitchen Tandoori Marinade with yoghurt. Pour over chicken and marinate in a Zip-lock bag or covered bowl for 3 to 6 hours (or overnight).
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
4. Bake marinated chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet for 25 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from oven and cool.
1 tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
8 mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp. garam masala spice blend
1. Saute vegetables in butter and oil for 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Add salt, pepper and garam masala.
9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
1 250g container ricotta cheese
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 jars Umi’s Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Dice cooked chicken. Place in bowl and mix with 2 jars of Umi’s Kitchen Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce.
3. Spread one-third of the butter chicken mixture on the bottom of an 11″ x 7″ baking dish. (no need to grease the pan)
4. Top with 3 lasagna noodles.
5. Spread all of the ricotta cheese on top.
6. Top with the sauteed vegetable mixture.
7. Top with 3 lasagna noodles.
8. Spread 1/3 the of butter chicken mixture on top of the vegetables.
9. Sprinkle 1/2 of the shredded mozzarella on top of the butter chicken mixture.
10. Top with the 3 remaining lasagna noodles.
11. Spread with the remaining butter chicken mixture.
12. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
13. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
14. Remove foil and return to oven for another 5 minutes.
15. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.