We wanted to bring you a great carrot cake recipe for Easter. Not just ANY carrot cake, but the best carrot cake recipe we could find. But who’s the judge? Who decides what the worlds BEST carrot cake is? Some have raisins, some have pineapple, some have coconut, and some don’t. Some use pecans, some walnuts. Some claim that using apple sauce makes the best cake, while others use avocado oil as their secret ingredient.
In the end, we tested quite a few recipes, and this was our winner from Brian D’Amico!
Here is a fantastic Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Two 8-ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6- 6.5 cups powdered sugar
For the Cake:
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8×12 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.
4. In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins.
5. Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well.
6. Pour into prepared 8×12 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Check with toothpick.
7. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.